Sunday, September 26, 2010

Nicole's Macro Collage

I took a great many macro shots to get the twenty posted above. Many of the photos were taken in the woods and the lighting wasn't quite right (and using your flash for macros just washes them out). Another difficulty I encountered was my inability to hold still; I moved far more than I realized. Any suggestions from more experienced members of our class? I had a great deal of fun with these shots though; I loved taking macro shots of objects with unusual textures and shapes. [Note the unusual number of fungi above. They definitely have interesting shapes and textures.]

7 comments:

  1. These are all great photos, I absolutly love photos of the outdoors. I like the ones of the floweres and the textures that you were able to capture using macro and taking close ups of all these objects

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your collage. I would never hold a frog/toad!... good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,
    I love your collage, I think the detail of the little frog is superb. Nice job.
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job. I like the white border it gives your photo's a professional look. I like the frog. Have your try using a tripod?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the frog. Im actually suprised that I did not see any in my woods-it is fairly wet there. I know I hear a lot of them at night right outside my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice collage I also learned a bit from yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the frog! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete