Sunday, October 10, 2010

Composition - Using the edges & corners of the image

As I was reading websites related to photography and composition I came across the following: "Both the edges and the corners of the image can and should be used. They are not just “there” because there is no way to do away with them. They are there because they are important and can be used both effectively and creatively" (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/composition-2.shtml).

I find myself often trying to center the subject, but the other areas of the digital 'canvas' have potential to create just as interesting, perhaps even more compelling photos. Follow the link below to a very beautiful winter landscape. Note the clean, crisp picture with a rather large, snow-covered plant in the lower right corner.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/images-10/Zion-winter-sunrise.jpg



1 comment:

  1. I agree, I always try to center my photos but this week has opened me up into not doing that and looking more at the composition instead

    ReplyDelete